Georgia Drought Monitor

I don't yet know what I can do with this information, but my despair prompted me to get online to find out if the drought is as serious as I think it is. I found this site which confirms my suspicions:


Troup County is where we attempt to garden. And sure enough there we are, right there in a section labeled extreme/exceptional. And the "exceptional" section fills up most of Troup County, so I can be sure that includes us. Upon closer examination, I found that yes, of course, we are in that spot. I didn't really need to see this, because I know when I look at the ground outside that we are suffering.


June Blooms in my Georgia Garden: Oakleaf Hydrangea

This time of year our garden is always bursting with blooms, but this year has been a little different. Due to a very mild winter, everythin...