Plant Sale Benefit for Food Bank of East Alabama

Just one area of plants for sale at the Plant Sale 2009
The Plant Sale Benefit for the Food Bank of East Alabama will be Sunday, April 18, 2010. All proceeds go directly to the Food Bank. The Food Bank of East Alabama has been providing groceries to needy families in the Opelika-Auburn area since 1993.

More than 300 different plant varieties will be available. You can pick from a large selection of annuals, bedding plants, herbs, perennials, shrubs, native plants, and even trees.

This is the 9th year these gardeners have held this particular sale. I was tickled to go last year for the first time. I must say I was caught off guard with the large number of varieties of plants and the prices. Both my children had to help me carry plants. They enjoyed helping me pick out new plants for our garden. Unfortunately I could only fit so many plants in the car and still be able to take my children home with me, so I finally had to leave. This year, I plan to go more prepared with a larger vehicle.

Plants I saw last time were healthy, well-cared for, and ready to go directly into the garden. The selection was so large that it was difficult to narrow down my purchases enough to fit in my small trunk.

In addition to the many lovely plants offered at more than reasonable prices, gardening experts will be available to answer any questions you might have.

If you can be in the Auburn, Alabama, area on April 18, 2010, you will not want to miss this plant sale. I know I can't wait! For more information and directions, go to Gardener's Plant Sale.

No comments:

June Blooms in my Georgia Garden: Oakleaf Hydrangea

This time of year our garden is always bursting with blooms, but this year has been a little different. Due to a very mild winter, everythin...